Working out can be an incredibly tough thing to incorporate into your everyday life. We all work busy jobs, have busy routines, and it can be exhausting trying to get to the gym on top of all that. This is where at home workouts can come in handy.
Even just 15 minutes a day on a cardio machine is something that will get the heart rate going and has proven to wake up the body and make you feel more energized.
But which one should you buy? We have included five of the best home cardio machines below, with reviews for each.
Top 5 Best Cardio Machines
Best Home Cardio Machine Reviews
1. The XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill Black
The first home cardio machine that is one of the best for 2018 is the XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill Black. XTERRA is a strong brand, known for their exclusive products that are affordable in price without skimping on added features and all around ease of use.
The XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill Black comes equipped with a 16 by 50 inch surface that you can use for both walking and running. It has been built with a 5 inch LCD display system that will update you on your current speed, the height of your incline, the length of your workout, the distance you have covered, calories burned, and current heart rate.
The speed on this system ranges from 0.5-10 MPH, allowing you to either sprint, walk, or casually run. There are 12 preset programs that allow you to choose what workout you want to do, and you can choose between 3 manual incline settings.
- Large 16" x 50" walking/running surface
- Large 5 inch LCD display is easy to read and keeps you updated on speed, incline, time, distance, calories, and Pulse
- Speed range 0.5 -10 MPH allows for users of all fitness levels
- 12 preset programs offer unmatched variety for your workouts
- 3 manual incline settings allow for maximum variety
2. Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse
Next up on our list is the Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse system. Exerpeutic is a company known for their dedication to combining state-of-the art technology with exercising. This is one of the most technologically based systems, delivering you great results.
The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse can hold a person up to 300 lbs. in weight. There is a seat cushion on the bike that can hold a variety of sizes, and it can hold people from 5’3” to 6”1”. To monitor your heart rate, it comes with a hand pulse monitor, tracks the BPM as you race on the bike.
With the Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse you can choose your fitness goal and the bike will alert you when you achieve it. This bike allows you to increase the cardio in your life and lose weight every day. This has a compact design that can easily fold and be moved as it is on wheels.
For added versatility, this bike comes with an 8-level magnetic tension system that allows you to go from an easy workout to a challenging one, and you can change up the pace of your biking by the click of a button.
- WEIGHT CAPACITY: Up to 300 lbs. Intended to be used on the hard flat floor.
- SEATING COMFORT: Large seat cushion for people of any size, easily adjustable to fit anywhere from 5'3 inch to 6'1 inch users. HEART RATE: Hand Pulse Monitor
- Please tighten the Screws/Bolts to avoid noise during pedaling;Fitness Goal:Increase Cardio, Lose Weight. The bike will fold to at least ½ the size as when fully assembled, so it is uniquely compact
- COMPACT DESIGN: Folds for storage and can moved with the included transportation wheels
- TENSION RESISTANCE: An 8 level Magnetic Tension control system, allows the user to adjust the tension level for an easier or more difficult workout. Refer to the manual for troubleshooting steps of Tension system malfunctioning.
3. Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike
The Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike has been rated one of Amazon’s top choices when it comes to buying a bike for indoor gym use at home. How does it compare with our other options on this list?
The Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike has been built with a durable frame, and a 49 lb. flywheel to provide you with strong cardio exercise. You can easily move it around the house with wheels placed on the front of the bike. Anyone up to 275 lbs. can use this bike.
The Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike comes with a resistance system so you can feel what it would be like to be on the road pushing a bike uphill. The bike also has a built-in push down e-Brake that ensures if it is too much for you, you can stop at any time.
One of the best aspects about this bike is that it has been built with a maintenance-free belt system, so you can work out without disturbing anyone around you. Personally I love this feature as I can watch TV while exercising.
This is a customizable bike, with a height inseam of 29 to 40 inches, so you can adjust where the pedals are depending on your height. The handlebars can also be moved up or down, and this expands your overall level of comfort.
- CYCLE BIKE: The sturdy frame, 49 Ib flywheel and 275 lb user weight gives this bike a rock solid build that will keep it moving ride after ride. Easily moveable with the front-mounted transport wheels
- RESISTANCE: The cycle bike trainer resistance system gives you the experience of a realistic, real-road feeling while the built in push down emergency brake will bring the bike to an immediate stop.
- SILENT RIDE: Experience a smooth and quiet ride with the maintenance free belt drive system which allows you to workout without interrupting your workout or anyone around you.
- CUSTOMIZABILITY: With a height inseam of 29 - 40 in, adjust the seat horizontal/vertical to fit you while pedals are built with toe cages to keep your feet in place. Handlebars can be moved up/down.
- Transportation wheels for easy portability.Seat dimensions(inch): 10.5L x 6.5W x 2.5H, product dimensions: 44L x 20W x 44H inches
4. Gazelle Edge
We wanted to include something for everybody on this list, as riding an at-home bike may not be the cardio machine that you are looking for. Next up is something very unique: the Gazelle Edge. This is unlike any other product on the list and provides you a cardio workout that may be the best for you.
The Gazelle Edge is an exercise glider that has been built to deliver high-performance cardiovascular workouts that develop and strengthen the entire body. This comes with a massive range of motion that can go from slowly walking to a full run with zero sudden stops. This allows for versatility throughout your workout so you can choose if you want to speed up suddenly or slow down right away.
The Gazelle Edge comes with a computer that features a 5-function setting that allows you to track your speed, the calories you are burning, and the distance travelled.
This device also features extra-wise non skill platforms for the comfort of your foot that allows you to use it for hours on end without fatiguing the foot. It has been built using a 1.5 inch rolled steel frame that is very durable. The handlebars have been made out of high density foam and are comfortable to hold.
- High-performance exercise glider for improved cardiovascular performance
- Unsurpassed range of motion goes from slow walk to full run with no sudden stops
- Easy-to-use, 5-function workout computer tracks speed, distance, time, and more
- Extra-wide, non-skid foot platforms; durable 1.5-inch rolled steel frame ; Padded Handlebars
- High-density foam handlebars; maximum weight capacity of 250 pounds
5. Rxlife Vertical Climber Cardio Exercise
The final cardio machine on our list is the Rxlife Vertical Climber Cardio Exercise Machine. Is this one of the best ones compared to the others? Let’s find out
The Rxlife Vertical Climber Cardio Exercise Machine provides you with the ability to have a full-body workout using climbing exercises. Climbing is incredibly hard, using techniques that focus on both the arms and legs at all times. This machine comes with the tools necessary to tone and shape your muscles and improve your balance. Each day while using this machine you will be burning both fat and calories in a record amount of time.
The Rxlife Vertical Climber Cardio Exercise Machine comes with a LCD monitor that records the amount of time you have worked out, clocking your speed, calories, and the fat you are burning.
This machine fits for all types of bodies, and there are 5 levels that you can adjust through depending on your current level and where you are at. The pedal on this device is anti-skid and will prevent you from slipping, ensuring an added level of safety. It has been made durable with a folding design to easily put it away.
- Full-body Workout: Aerobic breathing exercises, Natural climbing exercise. Tone＆shape muscles and improve your balance to build endurance and strength. Burning fat and calories, enjoy the joy of exercise and lose your weight without leaving home.
- LCD Monitor:LCD monitor will record your workout time and keep all your fitness progress like time, speed, calories and fat burns. It will record your workout time and all your fitness progress to keep you motivated.
- Fits For All Body Types: 5 levels adjustable that suit for all body types. You can adjust it based on your own situation.
- Safety Performance: The pedal of the climbing machine is anti-skid, which can effectively prevent you from slipping out in the course of movement, ensure the safety of use.
- Durable Construction & Folding Design: Square steel tube design to ensure stability when you workout. The product is easy to storage and space saving. Easy to set up, lightweight and height adjustable. You can put it in the corner when you not use.
We wanted to include something for everyone on this list. If we had to choose the best at-home cardio machine of 2018 it would be the Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike. While we love them all, this bike is the one that we found provided the best workout, while being the most versatile for a variety of workouts while on the bike.
Remember, exercising is a journey, and even though it is difficult at first, you will be amazed at the breakthroughs you achieve after using any of these machines for a couple of months.